Monday, November 16, 2009

Endgame

There is something that keeps bothering me. It shows up in my Facebook updates. It shows up in the mail disguised in embossed little envelopes. Engagement. And not just ordinary engagement, the engagements of my friends. Near and far. It seems like just a few years ago we were doing makeup and whining about cute boys.....actually, that was a few years ago. I'm only 19 and while some of my friends are a tish bit older. I find more and more of them seem to be getting ready to commit to monogamy indefinably. I don't thinks it just marriage I have a problem with. It's marrying THIS young. I mean, you only have on life (If you aren't one for reincarnation) and you'd want to give up your 20's for marriage? To me, that screams mental. And while they may be euphoric in their new found bliss, you have to wonder if when they are 40, if they look back and wonder what it might have been like to be single and invincible and only 20. Eh...marriage not for me. And while I'm happy for my friends, I can;t help but felling sorry for them. in my book; Marriage = Game Over.

No comments: