Monday, April 22, 2013

The Simple Things

On this fact, my mind has been changed. I never thought that online dating would be so successful for me. And really, it hasn't been. He was yhe initiator this time. I always thought that I would meet someone organically work, school, mutual friends. And this time is so different, I don't have to constantly think about whether or not he likes me because I know that he does. He tells me. He shows me. I get jealous though,  like when he's out at bars and he told me that his friends wanted him to pick up girls for them, or that he had a bartender hitting on him all night and he could have gotten free drinks. Makes me wonder if he says these things to see if I'm jealous, or if he said these things because, I don't know......because he wants to see if I want to be with him as much is he wants to be with me? Until I found out something. The little things have always spoken to me more than grand gestures.  He deactivated his dating profile and I didn't know. He knew that I deactivated mine 20 minutes before our first date. He mentioned that he could look back at our online messages and see when we first started talking. I logged back on recently to read them, and found his profile was closed. He picked me. He found me. He's dating me. I have no reason to doubt his affection, and I won't anymore.

No comments: