Monday, July 14, 2008

Complete

Compatibility and Incentive. Two things we (I) desire most in a friend. Compatibility, so that you actually can relate and enjoy the same things. And incentive, where a person knows when the time is wrong for a joke, and when it’s time for a much needed hug. This, sadly is almost impossible to find in a friend. Usually they are just a tad shy of our expectations. And as much as we love and accept them, we truly desire those qualities. It seems as though once in a lifetime we will stumble upon these friends. And even when we have them, a tiny part of us is afraid that we don’t quite measure up to their expectations. That we are the friends that they love and accept , but really want more from. I consider myself to be among the lucky few, who possess that rare jewel of a friend. She is my other half, my mind, and best friend. Occasionally, I wonder if she will ever tire of me, but when she tells me how she feels whole again when we are together, all my worries are carried away. A friend like this, will see things in yourself that you could never see. Like how good you have it, and the talent you think you don’t possess. Whether these friendships take time and effort to develop, or are created the instant the individuals meet, I know that I would never be able to live without my other half. So here’s to the jewels in our lives, the ones who give us more than they will truly ever know.

1 comment:

Socks said...

Here, here. This was the highlight of my day. =)