Sunday, February 14, 2010

Singles Awareness Day

Yes, I celebrate it. For so long I wanted to be in a relationship on this day, but no longer. A commercialized holiday for couples. And while you may think I'm bitter, I'm actually happy to be scornful of this day. The romantic died in me, probably, a few years ago. I'm honestly afraid, that it may surface again.....when I get into a relationship............I'll begin to like all the (To quote my loved friend;) "squishy" feelings associated with it. Socks says she won't even save me from that. Way to be, way to be. Anyway........yes, funny I just noticed that the acronyms for Singles Awareness Day are in fact; S.A.D. ironic? Maybe one of these days I will be half of a couple, and have to deal with it. But until then; SCORN!!!!! And gorging on chocolate, and making fun of disgusting happy couples. I sort of wish I was with my family, this day, but maybe next year. Or maybe not. I used to love the way my mom made this day special. With heat lights and heart pizza, and a special gift. Great, now I'm making myself sad. Not going to go there. Ugh.

Love, overrated.
Hearts, misleading.
Promises, broken.

Happy Singles Awareness Day to me.

No comments: