Wednesday, February 10, 2010

This Illusion



I thought
Everything was wonderful.
Infallible.
I lived my life with a blindfold
I didn’t
Know where to go without it.

I thought all would be well.
I thought someone would
Come rescue me
From this
Hell of a life.

I thought
Maybe
I loved you

But feelings change
True colours fade
And black and white
All turns to gray
And I though
Different than I knew.

Where do we find solace?
Where do we
Find reading nooks
Filled with books
That we love
More than friends?

I know
That everything was messed up.
I’m aware
Of all my faults and fears
Irrational and fears inevitably,
Controlling life,
And all those
Feelings.

I know
That my world was shattered,
When you cut the chord.
And like glass,
Shards pierced my heart
And I am
Bleeding from the soul.

I know
That I did not
Love you.

Were do we find solace?
Where do we find
Puddles deep
Enough to splash
Sorrow away?

No comments: