Monday, February 1, 2010

Orphaned

So this past week, not only has my mother, who is constantly telling me how horrible I am and how I just need to call upon Jesus, has unfriended me. Along with my step-father and my younger brother. While the action doesn't offend me, the reasons behind it are ridiculous. Something about me being evil and living an alternative lifestyle. And they don't even know I'm Bi!!! HA! But yes, so......Oh! Basically this always goes in circles, argument, not talking and then some. But this time I realized I needed to set boundaries. Especially after my brother slammed me for being a tortured artist.....which I am. So, therefore I sent them all a message. Stating this;




"Dear, Miles, Mom, and Dad,
I need to make this clear. I am done with this petty Facebook arguing. It is foolish and childish. Obviously you have views and ideas about me and my life that I do not share, and I will be very frank; I don't want to hear them. I do not criticize they way you choose to live and expected the same from you.

Dad, choosing to have your entire family 'unfriend' me, I could have cared less about. However the reasons you did so are ridiculous and immature. They seem to be purely driven by emotion.

Miles, I'm not the only one who has changed. You too are not the same person that you were a year ago. Most say you have changed for the better. I hope one day you will realize you sister wasn't as evil as everyone , made her out to be.

Mom, you know I love you. But I can't take the constant judgement and preaching anymore. I don't say anything about how you handle things, and you should not to me. I am an adult, even if you refuse to see that.

Therefore, the only contact that should be between us, is for my math and camera (mom basically). I should have set these boundaries a long time ago. I love you all so much it hurts, and wish you could see that while my life has changed, the person I am inside has not. I will not respond to any challenges or responses to this. I'm sorry, truly I am. We all need a break. So lets reconvene all our relationships in maybe 6 months? If it's less than that fine. But you can't be 'friends' with me. I cannot take preaching from you. I love you. Goodbye.

~ Eva "




And while I am extremely hurt that my family doesn't want me in any shape or form. Some people do. I'm not entirely orphaned. But I still feel abandoned.

No comments: